FY13 ACS Member BenefitsNetworking
(Beginning July 1, 2012)
|Membership Dues for Individuals|
Community Advocates – $75 (For Individuals Only)
Community Advocates are individuals unaffiliated with an organization – at least officially – who are interested in advancing the ACS mission of developing, supporting and promoting the Howard County human services community through education and training, advocacy, and community connections.
Membership Dues for Organizations
Organizations can be (Non-profit, Government, Faith-based and For-profit businesses interested in advancing the mission of the Association noted above.
Organizations’ membership dues are calculated based on the part of your annual operating budget (FY12) dedicated to Howard County services. An unlimited number of staff, board and volunteers from your organization are welcome to take advantage of all member benefits.
$900 $5,000,001 or more
$100 $25,000 or less
ACS also offers expanded levels of visibility to its members and to the community at large through Partnerships and Event Sponsorships.
Enjoy FREE admission to the monthly General Membership Meetings.
• Connect with the leading non-profit organizations in Howard County.
• Develop relationships that will help you learn best-practices, identify opportunities for collaboration, and find new opportunities for your clients.
Let ACS help you highlight your organization!
• Leverage your listing in the ACS Directory: the “go to” resource for Howard County human services providers. Circulation of 20,000.
• Display flyers and information about your organization on the resource table at membership meetings.
• Share announcements and articles in the monthly ACS e-newsletter, reaching 1,200 Howard County community leaders.
• Maximize your online presence with a direct link from the ACS website to your organization.
• Highlight your fundraiser and other signature events on the community calendar.
• Spotlight your organization on the ACS website and newsletter when selected as Member of the Month.
• Get online! ACS can help you establish an online presence with a webpage on the ACS site.
Staff and Leadership Development
• Enjoy quality training and professional development opportunities for your staff at low or no cost through the Tech Trends and Hot Topics series.
• Connect with other county non-profit executives at monthly meetings of the Gavel Group (roundtable for Board chairs) and Exec-to-Exec (formerly First Fridays conversations for Executive Directors).
Let ACS advocate for your organization!
• Take part in ACS advocacy priority planning. In the past, ACS has advocated on behalf of its members for issues around issues such as affordable housing, development of downtown Columbia, and access to affordable childcare.
• Access ACS's legislation tracking tool throughout state and county legislative sessions.
• Connect with elected officials at meetings with state and county officials throughout the year.
• Take advantage of favorable rates in the UST insurance program
• Enjoy free use of the beautifully appointed ACS conference room for meetings of 6-8.
• Learn about new grant opportunities relevant to your organization, posted in each ACS Newsletter.